I’ve recently been learning java for machine learning related work (a long story to do with mainframes, and you know, why not).
Decided to stick down in here some resources i found very useful as i found i still needed to do a bit of Googling to find ML related Java tutorials and moocs i found useful. Will add to this post as i discover more stuff.
General Java Intro Stuff
- This coursera course was really good for really intro ‘Hello World’ type stuff.
- Great playlist of hands on practical java examples. Seems to be loads more at his site too: https://javavids.com/
Machine Learning Related
- Great playlist of youtube videos going through lots of Weka api examples. Corresponding github repo is here.
- The Weka api docs are pretty good too.
- Great youtube tutorials from skymind on datavec and dl4j. The dl4j examples repo is also worth cloning and playing around with.
Testing in Java
This was one of the hardest parts – finding my way around IDE’s like eclipse and intelij. They are super powerful but a very different experience to something like jupyter lab or visual studio with python.
I’m using intelij IDEA and they have some good videos here.
- Found this video a nice clear explanation of maven. (Actually he seems to have lots of cool other stuff too).